AFCAT 2024 Course | Top Coaching Jaipur
AFCAT provides a career in the field of defence services of the nation. The exam will open the gate to enter the field of Air Force. The job offers not only a challenging career but also a handsome pay. The job has many prospects to get thrilled.
AFCAT Eligibility Criteria
Interested candidate should submit the application well within the specified time to avoid any complexity in the end. But to do so, one must verify the AFCAT eligibility criteria before applying online. Candidates can submit AFCAT 2019 application form only after satisfying themselves. Check below, the branch-wise eligibility criteria in detail.
- Nationality-Candidate must be an Indian citizen.
- Age Criteria- Candidate must be within 20 to 24 years in case of both Men and Women at the time of commencement of course.
- Academic Qualification- Any graduate with Physics and Mathematics subjects or completed B.E./B. Tech. (Four Year Course) securing at least 60% marks OR
- Candidate appearing in the final semester/year will also be eligible provided that he/she should qualify the exam and produce certificate whenever asked.
- Marital Status- Candidate must be single.
Ground Duty (Non-Technical)
- Nationality– An Indian citizen can apply.
- Age Criteria– Age must be within 20 to 26 year.
- Academic Qualification– candidate must be a Graduate/Post-graduate to become eligible. However, the candidate must have secured at least 60% marks in the qualifying exam.
- Gender– Both Men and Women can apply.
- Marital Status– Both married and unmarried can apply but candidate below 25 years must be unmarried.
Note: In Ground Duty Branches, there are several branches viz. Administration Branch, Accounts Branch, Logistic Branch, Education Branch and Meteorology Branch and the discipline of educational qualification may vary branch to branch. Hence, we advise to go through the official website to get information in details with regard to a specific branch.
Ground Duty (Technical)/Aeronautical Engineering Branch
- An Indian citizen can apply for this post.
- Age– candidate’s age must within 20 to 26 years at the time of commencement of course.
- Marital Status- Applicant below 25 years of age, should not be married.
- Gender-Both men and women can apply.
- Educational Qualification- There are two branches in Aeronautical Engineering i.e. Electronics and Mechanical and based on stream, criteria are different.eronautical Engineering Electronics
Candidate should have obtained 60% marks each in Physics and Mathematics at 10+2 level and have completed following educational qualification:
Minimum four year Graduation/integrated post-graduation qualification in engineering/technology
Passed section A and B examination of Associate Membership of Institutions of Engineers (India) OR from Aeronautical Society of India
Candidate securing 60% marks in the Graduate membership exam of Institute of Electronics and Telecommunication Engineering by actual studies in any one of the Electronic/Engineering stream.
|Aeronautical Engineering Mechanical
Candidate must have completed 10+2 with Physics and Mathematics obtaining at least 60% marks and should have gone through one of the following for qualifying to AFCAT:
Minimum four year graduation degree/integrated post-graduate qualification in Engineering/Technology from any recognized university
Passed section A and B exam of Associate Membership of Institution of Engineers (India)
Aeronautical Society of India by actual studies with at least 60% marks or equivalent in the following streams:-
Note: Apart from the eligibility criteria mentioned above, the candidate should be physically healthy and mentally sound. He/she must fulfil the physical and medical standards prescribed by the Air Force to meet the eligibility requirements.
AFCAT Selection Procedure
- After written exam, shortlisting of candidates will be done on the basis of their score.
- Those who clear the written exam will have to face screening test.
- The screening test consists of Officer Intelligence Rating Test and Picture Perception and Discussion Test.
- Candidate will also go through Psychological Test, Group Discussion to check interactive approach, conversation with Interviewing Officer.
- Those who will qualify the SSB/Interview, will go through a medical examination test.
- An all India merit list will be prepared at the end on the basis of the candidate’s overall performance during the entire examination process including written exam and interview etc.
AFCAT Exam 2019: Syllabus
In the written exam of the AFCAT, there will be questions from Maths, GK, Reasoning, English Language and Military Aptitude. The standard of Maths will be of Matriculation level. The standard of other subjects will be that of graduation level of Indian Universities. Here is the syllabus of the AFCAT exam:
Syllabus of English:
- Error Detection
- Sentence Completion/ Filling in of the correct word
- Synonyms, Antonyms and Vocabulary
- Idioms and Phrases
Syllabus of Maths:
- Decimal and Fraction
- Time and Work
- Profit & Loss
- Ratio & Proportion
- Simple Interest & Compound Interest
- Time & Distance (Trains/Boats & Streams)
Syllabus of GK:
- Civics and Polity
- Current Affairs
- Basic Science
- Art & Culture
Syllabus of Reasoning and Military Aptitude:
- Odd One Out
- Coding and Decoding
- Figure Classification
- Spotting the Embedded Figures
- Pattern Completion
- Dot Situation Analysis
- Venn Diagram
- Blood Relation
- Missing Figures
Now, the candidates are aware of the eligibility, pattern and syllabus of the AFCAT Exam 2019. They should start preparing for the exam soon as not much time is left for the exam. Dedicated efforts and proper guidance will help the students in getting success in the AFCAT Exam.